The Utilities Civil Engineer shall have responsibility for all Civil projects team management, design review and contractors on site.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the standards, policies, and procedures of NERS from 11Kv to 132Kv.
- Have a good understanding of Utility trenching work in urban and rural areas with section 50 and reinstatement experience.
- Have a good understanding of substation concrete structure works and general civil excavation practices
- Act as the H&MV Engineering safety representative.
- Review, method statements and risk assessments
- Record and report all safety hazard observations and bring to closure or escalate to HSE Advisor / Senior Management.
- Management of Civil & Structural design by consultants in tandem with the in-house Electrical/civil design team
- Review and approval of Civil & Structural drawings and calculations in tandem with the in- house electrical design team
- Review of Civil & Structural drawings and calculations
- Issue progress reports as required to the Operations Manager (phone call or email
- Ensure works not included in proposal are covered by the variation process and the Project Manager and Operations Manager are informed.
- Review work instructions to contractors, and ensure that they are fully understood and followed, containing the relevant documents as per H&MV and NERS requirements.
- Ensure the accurate recording of closing measurements and as-laid details in line with IDNO/DNO and client procedures.
- Identify and inform the Company (H&MV) of commercial opportunities or threats as appropriate.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is saved in the relevant project folder.
- Assist in the scheduling of activities within projects.
- Liaise with Project Managers to manage critical dates.
- Liaise with contractors, street works inspectors,3rd party landowners and any other 3rd party where required.
- Represent H&MV to customers and individuals from other companies.
Skills / Requirements:
- Degree qualified civil engineer
- 3-5 years’ civil management and design review experience with Utility/Contractor/Consultant
- Exposure to HV power substations and underground power and multi utilities and sound knowledge of SROH/HAUC Processes
- People management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Team player who demonstrates high level of initiative
- SMSTS/SSSTS Accredited
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Driving license
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Technical Member of IOSH
- Quality Management training / experience
- Previous experience in an electrical discipline
- Industry site / project management experience
- EUSR Accredited
- Holder of a current CSCS affiliated card / qualification
- International exposure
Reporting To Operations Manager