South Quay Plaza
Berkeley Group engaged H&MV to provide power to Phase 1 of the South Quay Plaza Project over 68 stories. South Quay Plaza is a landmark development and one of the tallest residential buildings in Europe.
• Speed of connection a consideration.
• Tight time frames in line with client programme.
H&MV have been contracted for a design and build package to provide power to phase one of the South Quay Plaza projects, phase one includes 633 residential units and 3 commercial units spanning 68 stories.
• Design and build 11 kV DNO cable route and switch room in development basement, adopted by DNO (UKPN).
• Design and build adoptable IDNO substation in development basement with facility for expansion of 11kV ring for future planned development phases.
• Design and build of fully IDNO adoptable LV network within building core.
• Installation of LV distribution boards, SMDB’s, MSDB’s and LV riser and service cabling.
• The equipment installed on this project to date include the following:
– 8 panel Genie Evo distribution board (11kV)
– 1000kVA transformer
– Transformer mounted RMU
– Transformer mounted 8-way LV distribution board
– X 8 SMDB’s
– X 23 MSDB’s
– All associated cabling
• Project Management and Commissioning of electrical installation.
• Produce a complete set of electrical as built drawings and a safety handover file.
• Responsible for issuing the Integrated Test Plans (ITPs), Construction Management Plans, Quality Plans, Safety Management Plan and Temporary Works Register
• Daily toolbox talks, weekly progress and safety meetings, issue and risk management along with regular status reporting