• H&MV Engineering were awarded as Principal Designer and Contractor for the project.
• This project required effective communication with the local community and all relevant stakeholders.
• There were tight time frames and deadlines, interfacing with UKPN and outage schedules.
• Design and gain approval from UK Power Networks (SPN) for the adoptable infrastructure network from the high voltage point of connection to two ring main units (RMUs).
• Carry out offsite excavation works and supply/install 125mm ducts where required from the point of connection to the site boundary.
• Supply/install two circuits of 300mm2 Cu Triplex high voltage cables from the high voltage point of connection for the first 250m of the cable route. Not exceeding 500m of cable in total.
• Supply/install two circuits of 300mm2 Al Triplex high voltage cables from the above cables to two new RMUs. Not exceeding 4745m of cable in total.
• Supply / install / commission two UKPN spec 630A high voltage ring main units.
• Terminate IDNO 11 kV cables to the RMUs.
• Integration of customers’ private substation with new UKPN switchroom
• Project Management and Commissioning of electrical installation.
• Produce a complete set of electrical as built drawings and a safety handover file.
• Responsible for issuing the Integrated Test Plans (ITPs), Construction Management Plans, Quality Plans, Safety Management Plan and Temporary Works Register
• Daily toolbox talks, weekly progress and safety meetings, issue and risk management along with regular status reporting