Hoe Valley School
Hoe Valley School had a priority requirement for the design & build of an 11 kV substation to support the new school and sports complex development
• Tight timescales in line with client schedules for school term openings
• Adherence to Client, UKPN (DNO) and ESP (DNO) Specifications
• H&MV Project Managed the design of DNO Substation, contestable HV cable route, earthing, LV main cable route, street lighting, civil & electrical works, installation and commissioning.
• Utility Liaison & management
• Delivered safely and on time
• Scope included 11kV cable laying, jointing and termination, LV cable laying, jointing and termination, Commissioning of all installed equipment and energisation to client LV switch room.
• Installed equipment included:
– GRP substation enclosure with brick effect finish, adopted by UKPN/ESP.
– Lucy Sabre VRN2a MV switchgear.
– Efacec 1000kVA distribution transformer.
– Lucy Aculock transformer mounted 1600A ACB LV distribution cabinet.
– Lucy Electric Gemini 3 type RTU.
– 1km of 185/300mm2 CU triplex cable including X8 joints and X2 terminations.
• Project Management and Commissioning of electrical installation.
• Produce a complete set of electrical as built drawings and a safety handover file.
• Responsible for issuing the Integrated Test Plans (ITPs), Construction Management Plans, Quality Plans, Safety Management Plan and Temporary Works Register
• Daily toolbox talks, weekly progress and safety meetings, issue and risk management along with regular status reporting