Due to recent expansion at H&MV Engineering an opportunity now exists for an Estimator to join our professional team at our office in Sweden.
The purpose of the role is to support the Estimating & Design Department in the preparation of tenders to include facilities and infrastructure.
- Preparation of material to price larger projects i.e. supplier quotations, sub-contractor quotations etc.
- Develop relationships with customers, end user clients and supply chain partnerships
- Support the business development team with respect to customer requests for technical information, updated quotes or any product certification
- Ensure up to date register of customer and pricing data
- Create handover packages for construction managers as per ISO standard procedures
- Development and implementation of a multi discipline approach to architectural, mechanical and electrical tendering process including acknowledging, checking, analysing of incoming tender documentation
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
- Carry out site visits and surveys as required
- Selection of appropriate subcontract and material suppliers
- Generation of estimation documentation
- Work closely with the Design team in developing the Engineer Procure and Construct solution (EPC)
- Liaising with sub-contractors / vendors and dealing with querie.
- Liaise with Client/Design Team during tender process. Identify scope for design alternatives and value engineering, discussing with appropriate bid team members
- Ensure implementation of company echnical procedures with respect to Design Build activities
- Appraise sub-contractor/supplier quotations
- Highlight areas of concern / risk within cost proposal
- Attend post tender negotiations with Client
- Focus on technical innovation and value creation in assigned projects
- Prepare information packages for handover to construction team.
- Attend handover meeting and brief team on tender bid
- Undertake project debrief, eliciting feedback from sites, to improve quality of project
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate will possess
- A 3rd level qualification in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics
- Fluent Swedish (written & oral)
- Mechanical & Electrical experience
- 5+ years working for a recognised Main Contractor or Specialist Contractor in a similar capacity
- You must possess sufficient technical skill and knowledge within the following areas;
- Statutory and Regulatory Procedures
- Building Services best practice, Technical Innovation and Value Creation
- Local M&E Sub-contractor and Vendor Market
- Customer Relationship Management
- Dependable team player
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Resilient with a high level of attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with an already highly successful and thriving team.
Please send your CV to email@example.com