Purpose built training academy fully equipped
with RMU’s, Switchgear and Transformers
State of the art facilities
In 2016, H&MV opened our purpose built training academy in the Mid West of Ireland and a second academy in Dublin in 2019, fully equipped with RMU’s, Switchgear and Transformers, from industry leading suppliers, including ABB and Schneider.
Our course participants have the unique opportunity to learn in a live HV substation environment that has been modified by our experts to ensure safety and maximise learning.
The academy is staffed with experienced senior trainers from varying industries, offering their extensive expertise to engineers and operators.
City & Guilds
High Voltage Switching & Operations Course
High voltage systems require specific knowledge, expertise and competency to operate in a safe and competent manner.
H&MV Engineering have recognised that a significant gap exists in this area and we have put significant resources, experience and development into this course to address that shortfall.
This is the only one of its kind to be Accredited by City & Guilds in Ireland.
We offer full (5 days) and refresher (2 days) courses – contact us today for more details.
1. Principles of Electrical Safety
2. Lock-Out & Tag-Out (LOTO) & Testing of Isolations
3. Electrical Drawings and Switching Plans
4. Electrical Safety Legislation and Standards
5. Principles of Arc-Flash and Arc-Blast
6. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and High Voltage Test Equipment
7. High Voltage Switchgear and Transformers
8. General Electrical Theory and Concepts
9. Electrical Circuits and Protection
10. Principles of Risk Assessment
Who is it for?
The course is designed to be suitable for varied groups including:
• Facilities and Maintenance Managers
• Facility Engineers and Technicians
• High Voltage System Operators
• Plant Electricians
• Maintenance Technicians
It is recommended that candidates have 4 years of electrical experience.
What information do I need to book?
- Company Details
– Company Name
– Company Address
– Company Contact Name
– Company Contact Number
– How did you hear about us?
- Participants Details:
– Mobile Number
– Email Address
– Special Conditions
– Number of Years of Electrical Experience
– Current Daily Duties in Position
– Associated Courses
– High Voltage and/or Switching Experience
- Credit Card Details
(Alternative metods of payment can be arranged, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org )