Our client required for an upgrade at Tarmac Substation with minimal outages to enable continuity of supply.
Replacement of Paper Insulated Lead Covered (PILC) cables was also reqired.
- As Principle Contractor H&MV project managed the design and installation of the refurbishment of the 11 / 33 kV Substations at Tarmac.
- Installation and commissioning of 14 no. ABB Unigear 500 R Cubicles, 2 Protection Panels and 11 kV circuits with XLPE cable.
- Delivered successfully and H&MV have been awarded subsequent upgrades with Tarmac in the UK.
- Design and build up upgrade works at 11 kV and 33 kV at Tarmac’s plant.
- Supply and installation of 14 no. ABB Unigear 500 R cubicles, 2 no. protection panels, 11 kV cable, inclusive of jointing and terminating. Refurbished the OLTC tap changers on the transformers.
- Comms 600 IEC 61850 Control system in conjunction with ABB.
- Cable diversions of all existing 11 kV circuits associated with main sub 1 and the design and procurement of a containerised 11 kV substation to Scottish Power standards.
- Protection and control system upgrade for two main 33 / 11 kV 24 MVA grid transformers and commissioning of Comm 600 Interface, MMI and OPC interface 6.
- All functional testing and commissioning including, high voltage pressure test, primary and secondary injection of protective relays, mechanical interlocks, electrical interlocks, LV controls, indications, and DC tripping circuits.