H&MV project managed the installation of the indoor 13 bay 132 kV GIS substation for a client in the UKPN London region.
The installation works include offloading and installation of all GIS equipment, above ground earthing, standard inspection/testing, installation, termination and testing of multicore cabling.
H&MV secured this project based on past performance at the Canterbury North Substation, therefore demonstrated customer satisfaction.
- Our client required installation of a 132 kV GIS Indoor Substation
- Multiple stakeholders such as UKPN and Alliance Contractors
- Tight timeframes due to outage windows
- Installation of the indoor 8 feeder bay 132 kV GIS substation.
- Offloading and installation of all GIS equipment, above ground earthing, standard inspection/testing, installation, termination and testing of multicore cabling.
- Project management and pre-commissioning of a new 132 kV GIS Substation.
- Insulation resistance and ductor testing on the control and protection cables.
- Commissioning support to the client’s Lead Commissioner