The Glencarbry Windfarm consisted of 12 No. Turbines, Substation Compound and contestable cable route.
H&MV were appointed by the client to carry out the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of all electrical works to meet the client’s and ESB’s functional specifications
- Design of windfarm substation, contestable cable route and associated studies.
- Utility liaison and management.
- Safety co-ordinator for substation compound.
- Procurement of electrical balance of plant.
- Installation and commissioning.
- Project reporting, commissioning plans and status updates.
- Installation of 37 kilometres of 630mm 38 kV cable.
- 14 No. joint bays along cable route.
- 2 No. AIS 38 kV circuit breakers.
- 1 No. 40 MVA transformer install and commissioning.
- Instrument transformer installation and commissioning.
- AIS circuit breaker install and commissioning.
- ESB and IPP protection relays and associated DC infrastructure.
- 4 panel 20 kV withdrawable switchgear.
- General services, fire alarm and data installation.