This project was Mitsubishi’s first outdoor GIS 132 kV Substation in Europe and also their first time delivering on UKPN’s 132 kV Switchgear framework.
H&MV project managed the installation of the outdoor substation, including offloading and installation of all GIS equipment, above ground earthing, standard inspection/testing, installation, termination and testing of multicore cabling.
The H&MV team accelerated the programme upon request, with 12 hour days, larger crews and weekend working to achieve the clients deadline, dictated by the National Gird Outage Programme.
- Mitsubishi’s 1st outdoor 132 kV Substation in Europe
- Brown field site & civil contractors delay
- Tight timeframes required acceleration due to National Grid outage window
- Installation of the outdoor 15 bay 132 kV GIS substation
- Offloading and installation of all GIS equipment, above ground earthing, standard inspection/testing, installation, termination and testing of multicore cabling
- Outdoor GIS consisting a double busbar 132kV GIS comprising of 8 feeder bays, 3 super grid transformers, 1 static voltage controller, 2 bus sections and 1 bus coupler bays